Schedule: Permanent Part-time (24 hour/week)
Deadline: October 1, 2021
Send Resume and Cover Letter to email@example.com
- Post-secondary degree in Business, Public Policy or marketing related field
- Minimum 3 years work within Chamber or equivalent environment
- Minimum 3 years experience of work with a Board of Directors in a senior capacity
- Demonstrated organizational, entrepreneurial, leadership and management ability
- Demonstrated issues management experience
- Experience in staff management
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
The General Manager holds the key leadership position with the organization to advocate for the Chamber of Commerce members. Under the authority of the Board, the managers assume complete responsibility for carrying out the day-to-day functions of the Chamber, including assigned policies and regulations. The manager has the authority to direct the implementation of the organization’s programs and services and is responsible for the management of all required fiscal, entrepreneurial and HR responsibilities. A maximum degree of latitude for independent action is exercised within the scope of Chamber policy.
Policy and planning and Board support
- Plans and directs annual Chamber programs and services that meet the short, medium- and long-term goals of the Chamber, in consultation with the Board of Directors.
- Formulates and recommends to the Board policy resolutions that are provincial and national in scope, as per local requirements.
- Develops Chamber programs and services and monitors their effectiveness, in relation to the needs of Chamber members.
- Plans and develops short, medium- and long-term strategic planning initiatives in consultation with the Board of Directors and Policy Committee.
- Attends all Board meetings.
- Develops annual budgets and business plans for Board approval.
- Ensures that operating results established as a result of the annual budget are achieved, and that the control of expenses and the achievement of revenues are within budget.
- Tracks and reports revenues and expenditures monthly.
- Ensures the accuracy, integrity and timeliness of all financial account and report requirements.
- Maintains complete awareness of the financial, statistical, and accounting records of the organization.
Human resource management
- Maintains an effective and efficient office environment.
- Co-ordinates and directs staff and ensures staffing is consistent with Chamber requirements.
- Provides training and development as required within budgetary framework.
- Conducts regular staff performance review / goal setting processes.
- Recruits, selects, orients and trains staff and volunteers.
- Tracks and budgets for staff equipment needs annually.
- Develops job descriptions as required.
Program and service development
Develops, plans, and manages Chamber events with the Event and Sponsorship Coordinator to ensure the achievement of Chamber revenue targets.
Salary commensurate on experience.