Founded in 1890, the Perth and District Chamber of Commerce promotes economic development and prosperity in the Town of Perth and the surrounding district for the enrichment of the community, acts as a local voice of commerce, facilitates business and social contact amongst members, provides value added services to members and promotes tourism.
The Perth and District Chamber of Commece office is operated by a staff roster which brings experience and enthusiasm to the table. The staff includes General Manager Pauline Fitchett, Finance and Community Events Listings Coordinator Carol Quattrocchi, as well as our key volunteer, Kirsten Coughler, who has been volunteering her time with the Chamber for years. These are the faces that will greet you at the door when you walk into the Chamber office, located at 34 Herriott Street, beside the public library.
Perth and District’s business community manages and operates the Chamber of Commerce, putting the businesses’ best interests at the forefront of our work. The Chamber is overseen by a three-person Executive as well as its Board of Directors. The Executive comprises of three members: the President, Vice-President and Treasurer. Currently we have six members sitting on the Board of Directors.
The Chamber also includes a number of committees, whose members work to ensure the business voice of the community is active and heard throughout the region.
OUR MISSION STATEMENT
- We are the voice of commerce in the community
- We are a dynamic organization dedicated to fostering a strong economy
- We will partner with government to resolve obstacles which affect our community’s economic health and prosperity
- We are members working together for the benefit of the community
- We promote economic development in our community by supporting tourism, industry and business
- We provide value for membership
- We derive strength through diversity
- We are a catalyst for change
- We will lobby government to act on issues of concern to our members
- We will encourage & retain membership in the Chamber by promoting value
- We will promote economic development and prosperity through private and public partnerships
- We will promote business excellence
- We will seek to engage our members to become actively involved in Chamber initiatives and committees
- We will raise the profile of the Chamber in the community
To learn more about the people behind the Chamber, please visit the following pages: