Permanent Part-time (16 hours) Wednesday and Thursday.
* Festival of the Maples will be added to this position once festivals resume
Salary: $16,640 – $21,640
Deadline: July 9th, 2021
Our Events and Sponsorship Coordinator position is key to our success and requires a highly organized, creative, detail oriented and motivated person to serve as lead for event planning, revenue generation, management, production and sponsorship. This position deals with a wide range of responsibilities: seeking & securing sponsorships for the Perth & District Chamber of Commerce, event theme building, creating event programs, communicating with event attendees, volunteers & corporate sponsors as well as assisting with marketing.
You must be able to work independently, anticipate project needs, discern work priorities, and meet deadlines. The Coordinator should have a passion for events, provide clear communication to our Executive Director and Financial Administrator, event attendees and volunteers, and be an enthusiastic professional capable of building strong and positive relationships with sponsors and partners.
- Creating event proposals which fit Chamber requirements and presenting proposals to Executive Director or Board
- Maintaining a working relationship with vendors and venues
- Planning event aspects, such as venue, seating, dining, and guest list
- Delegating event planning tasks to volunteers where necessary
- Coordinating event entertainment, including music, performers, and guest speakers
- Developing business relationships for sponsorship
- Staying under budget while planning event specifications
- Managing and overseeing events on the day of, including problem-solving, welcoming guests, directing event set-up, communicating with staff, and organizing vendors
- Communicating with Executive Director to create effective advertisements for each event, and when necessary, crafting marketing materials such as print, social media or radio advertisements for individual events
- Anticipating and planning for different scenarios
- Creating sales opportunities for future events and Chamber publications during client liaisons and during events
- Planning multiple events at once
- Working with the ED to develop the Perth & District Discovery Guide
Chamber Events include but are not limited to:
- Annual Dinner
- Festival of Maples
- Golf Tournament
- Business at Breakfast
- Lunch and Learn
- After 5 Workshops
- Christmas Social
- Amazing Business Race
Organization, Event Planning Experience, Team Management Experience, Time-Management, Sales, Attention to Detail, Team-Oriented, Strong Written and Verbal Communication, Strong Client-Facing Skills, Marketing Knowledge or Previous Experience, Vendor and Entertainment Research, Initiative, Enthusiasm, Flexibility, Post-secondary in Event Planning or Marketing Preferred
Interested candidates can forward Cover letter and Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.