Nominee Rules and Regulations
Nomination form is available by clicking HERE or by calling the Chamber office at 613-267-3200.
- Nominees must be members in good standing of the Perth & District Chamber of Commerce.
- You may nominate more than one business including yourself.
- All nominations will be vetted by our Business Awards of Excellence Committee to ensure that the nomination has been made in the correct category. If a nomination cannot stand, the nominator will be notified and given the opportunity to change the nomination.
- Nominees will be asked to accept their nomination.
- Nominees are eligible for consideration in one award category per year
- Winners in an award category are not eligible for subsequent nominations in that category for a three year period. (if a previous winner receives a nomination, the nominator will be notified of their ineligibility).
- Chamber member businesses get one vote in each category.
Procedure for Posting Nominations
All nominations and nominee responses will be posted to the Chamber website by Friday, September 15th. A small excerpt from the nomination will be quoted with a link to the full unedited nomination text. Nominator names will NOT be posted.
The voting survey will be emailed to members and opened for 2 weeks from Friday, September 15th - Friday, September 29th, 2017 and will be advertised through the Chamber website, newsletter and Facebook page. There will be a direct link on the Chamber website page to the survey.
Each email address will be cross referenced with the voting list to ensure that each member only gets on vote per award. If there is a discrepancy (more than one vote from same link) the votes will not be counted.
ANNOUNCING THE WINNERS
- Winners will be announced by the representing sponsor (Perth Courier or Valley Heartland) at the Annual Awards Dinner Gala on Thursday, October 19th. Nominees will be contacted by the Perth & District Chamber of Commerce of the date, time and place of the Awards ceremony.
- Tickets for the Awards Dinner Gala will be $80 +HST per person and include a 3 course dinner, appetizer and drink during social hour.
- Nominees will be recognized in an ongoing slide show.
- Awards are awarded after dinner.